- 1 kg mutton cut in small cubes
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp ginger paste
- 2 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- 1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp timur powder – optional
- 150-200ml mustard oil
- Salt to taste
Mix together in a bit of water:
2 tomatoe, grated
1 heaped tbsp coriander powder
1-2 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
– Heat mustard oil, splutter fenugreek and caraway seeds, then add onions and cook onions till they begin to brown. Then add mutton, cook for 7-10 minutes till the water begins to dry out.
– Add ginger & garlic paste mixed in a bit of water with salt, cook mutton on medium low heat till 75% done, splash some water if needed.
– Add the paste, mix well and cook covered till done. Again, adding water if needed, or simply add 1/2 cup water and cook under pressure for one whistle.
– Take off fire adding in garam masala and timur powder if you have. Done!