- 1 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ cup roughly chopped chocolate or chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
– Preheat oven to 175°C. Line a baking tray with buttered parchment paper and set aside.
– In a large bowl combine melted butter, oil and both sugars.
– Add the eggs, vanilla and salt then whisk for about 2 minutes until well blended, glossy and light in color.
– Over the same bowl sift in the flour and cocoa powder. Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined (don’t over mix). Fold in the chocolate chunks. Add chopped walnuts at this stage too if adding.
– Pour the batter into the prepared pan, then smooth the top.
– Bake for 30 minutes, or until the centre of the brownies no longer jiggles and is just set to the touch. Stick a toothpick in the centre and take out. If the toothpick has some flecks of batter sticking to it the brownies are done.
– Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely to room temperature before removing from the baking tray and slicing into squares. Enjoy!