- Okra (ladies’ finger) 500 gm cut in 1 cm pcs.
- Onion 2, large finely sliced
- Roasted peanuts 200 gms
- Roasted cumin seeds 2 tsp
- Red chilli powder 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1 tsp
- Green chili chopped 2
- Mustard oil 1 ladle
- Salt to taste
– Crush peanuts and cumin seeds together.
– In a wok bring the mustard oil to smoking point, take off the heat, bring to the room temperature then reheat. Then add onions and cook on medium heat for two minutes,
– Add the okra and sauté for two minutes.
– Add chopped green chili, salt, red chili powder and turmeric powder.
– Stir fry at low heat uncovered till okra gets crispy and cooked.
– Add crushed peanuts n cumin seeds.
– Fry for two to three minutes.
– Serve crispy nutty okra/ladyfinger/bhindi with roti and raita.