- 500gm boneless chicken thigh
- 1 tbsp Sichuan peppercorns (if you can’t get Sichuan peppercorns, increase the quantity of dry red chillies)
- 2 tbsp chilli oil (can also infuse red chilli flakes in vegetable oil)
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 50gm cashewnuts
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger, finely chopped
- 8 dry red chillies
- 4 tbsp chilli garlic sauce
- 2 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 spring onions
- Vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Marinate the chicken with cornflour, salt, chilli oil, Sichuan pepper and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry the chicken pieces; drain and keep aside.
- Remove excess oil and roast the cashewnuts in the same pan and keep aside.
- In the same pan (add more oil if necessary), sauté garlic and ginger for a minute. Then Add dry red chillies and sauté for one more minute on low heat.
- Add chilli garlic sauce, cooking wine, sugar and mix well.
- Lastly, the chicken pieces and cashews; mix to combine.
- Remove from heat and garnish with spring onions.