- Rice – 5 tbsp
- Milk – 1 litre
- Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
- Saffron – a few strands
- Sliced almonds (for garnish)
- Soak the rice for 2-3 hrs and grind to a coarse paste.
- Heat a thick-bottomed vessel and boil the milk and saffron.
- Add the rice paste and keep stirring continuously or it might stick to the bottom.
- Cook till rice is done (takes about 10-14 minutes).
- Then add the sugar, cardamom powder and stir till the sugar melts and the mixture is thick enough.
- Pour into bowls, garnish with sliced almonds and serve chilled.