- 200 grams, Paneer, cut in 1 inch cube
- 4 medium tomatoes, roughly cubed
- 8-10 cashew nuts
- 1 tsp Shajeera
- ½ inch ginger grated
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 inch, cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 ½ tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- ¾ tsp garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon, kasuri methi
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tablespoons, cream
- 1 tablespoon + 4 tablespoons, butter
- In a pan, melt 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Add shah zeera and fry for few seconds.Then, add garlic, ginger and green chili for few seconds. Next add cashew nuts and fry for a minute. Add tomatoes and sauté on high for a minute.
- Cook until tomatoes are soft, then switch off the flame.
- Once cools completely, grind the tomato mixture to a very fine paste
- Next, reheat the pan, melt 3 tablespoons of butter and add bay leaf and cinnamon stick and fry for few seconds.
- Lower the heat and add spice powder (except garam masala) and kasuri methi, fry for few seconds (do not burn). Next, add tomato mixture, saute on high for a minute. Stir in between. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until masala starts releasing the oil.
- Add little water depending upon the required consistency of the gravy . Bring it to a boil. Add cream and mix.
- Cook for a minute.
- Add paneer, garam masala powder and sugar. Mix well. Cook for only a minute. Done.