- 1 large or 2 medium beets, baked or boiled till tender
- 1/4 cup spring onion whites & greens, sliced
- A small bunch of coriander leaves & stems, chopped
- A handful of mint leaves, roughly torn
- A handful of walnuts, lightly toasted
- A handful of pomegranate arils
- A few orange segments (optional)
For the dressing:
- 2-3 cloves garlic, mashed
- Juice of one lemon
- Juice of half a small orange
- 2-3 tbsps olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Bake the beetroot in a pre-heated oven for 30-40 minutes, till tender, or boil till cooked.
- Peel and dice the beet into bite sized cubes. Keep aside.
- In a small bowl add the garlic & all the ingredients for the dressing & whisk till blended well.
- In another bowl add the diced beets, the sliced spring onion greens, the chopped coriander & mint leaves.
- Pour the prepared dressing on the veggies & toss till nicely coated. Now add some toasted, chopped walnuts. And some orange segments if desired.
- Toss well & taste & adjust flavors.
- Garnish with some more chopped walnuts & some mint leaves.
- Serve warm.