- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour (or maida)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 140gm softened unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup fine sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- Any jam (I used homemade strawberry jam)
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Line 2 baking tray with parchment paper.
Sieve the flour,baking powder and salt into a bowl. Set aside.
Cream butter and sugar together until it is fluffy and looks pale in color.
Add flour to the mixture gradually making sure everything is well combined. The mixture might look a bit crumbly but will hold shape when pinched together.
Take out approximately 1 tablespoon of the mixture and roll in to a ball. Place them on the baking sheet 2″ apart (while baking these will spread). Use your thumb and press a well in the centre.
Bake for 5 minutes. Then take out and fill the centre with roughly 1/2 tsp of jam. Bake again for 5 more minutes.
– These cookies might be soft to touch at the end of baking but will harden once cooled down. So keep an eye on baking time and avoid over baking.
– If jam is very thick and jelly-like, microwave it for 10-20 seconds just before filling. It would be easy to fill the cookies.