- 1-cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/4-cup gram flour (besan)
- 1/2-cup semolina (sooji)
- 1/2 cup clarified butter (ghee)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. cardamom powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- Yellow food colouring and almonds to garnish (optional)
- – Preheat oven to 160 deg C (320 deg F).
- – Mix the whole wheat, semolina, gram flour and cardamom powder together.
- – Mix the clarified butter, yellow food colouring and sugar and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- – Next, add in the dry ingredients to the ghee and sugar mix to make soft dough. (If the dough doesn’t come together, add in some warm milk)
- – Make small balls and flatten them to the shape of a cookie and top off with an almond.
- – Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Once done take them out and let them cool for 10-15 minutes.