Learnt this from food historian Pritha Sen. Love the simplicity and efficacy of this dish. And its done in a jiffy.
- Parboil potatoes and cut them like you would do for French fries
- Slice beans with a slight slant to each piece
- Finely slice half an onion
- Heat a tsp of oil and sprinkle a quarter tsp of pepper
- Add the onions and the potatoes and mix well
- Slow cook for a few mins and add the beans along with salt to taste.
- Mix well and cover and cook.
- Sprinkle a little water if it sticks to the pan.
- When beans and potatoes are both cooked, remove from pan.
- In the same pan, heat just a little butter and scramble a couple of beaten eggs
- Add the potato and beans back into it and add pepper powder to taste and mix well.
Done! Complements rotis and a bowl of dhal perfectly.