- 1 cup semolina
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup dessicated coconut
- 1 teaspoon cardamon powder
- 6 tablespoons ( 1/2 cup ) ghee
- 3 tablespoons broken cashew nuts
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1/2 cup milk
- Heat 2 tablespoon ghee over a medium heat and roast cashew nuts till they begin to change color .
- Add raisins (they will turn plump in 30 seconds) then add all the semolina, mix and add 1 tablespoon ghee.
- Cook for 5 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add coconut and sugar along with 1 tablespoon ghee. Cook for a minute.
- Add rest of the ghee, stir for a minute then place the mixture to cool on an open plate.
- When cool, add 1 tablespoon milk to a small portion of this mixture. Scoop 2 tablespoons of this wet mixture and shape into a ball. Repeat the process, don’t take a shortcut by adding all the milk in one go. Allow laddus to rest and firm up – 30 minutes or so, and then store in an airtight container. Totally easy and delicious .