One of the perks of being a food blogger is getting front row access to a Masterchef cooking session with Taj Krishna’s resident masterchef himself – Hung Fong Ng aka Chef Tony.An invaluable part of Golden Dragon – Hyderabad’s top Chinese fine-dining restaurant – for over a decade now, Chef Tony brings to the table authentic Chinese cuisine he learnt and mastered in Hong Kong, his hometown. And he’s sharing that expertise with patrons of Golden Dragon’s special yumcha lunch sessions on Sundays. The Sparkling Yumcha promo includes a wide range of starters, soups, dimsums, main course and unlimited champagne and dessert at Rs 1750 all inclusive.
And if you thought that amazing menu and bubbly was the highlight of a leisurely Sunday lunch, there’s more. Chef Tony will be demonstrating the art of making dimsums and handpulled noodles right before your eyes. If you’re daring enough, you could even try your hands at it. Feel free to ask him a question or two about his technique of magically hand pulling thin strips of noodles from a single mass of dough, or how to roll and wrap those perfect dimsums. He might look the silent serious type, but he’s actually quite friendly and happy to share Asian cooking tips.
Here’s one of Chef Tony’s recipes – CHILLI MOUNTAIN CHICKEN
- Diced chicken leg boneless – 225gm
- Oil – 100ml
- Cornflour – 80gm
- Dry red chilli – 100gm
- Chopped garlic – 15gm
- Sesame seeds – 5gm
- Szechwan pepper corn – 5gm
- Szechwan pepper powder – 2gm
- Chinese wine – 10ml
- Chilli oil – 5ml
- Salt / ajinimoto – to taste
- Egg white – 1
- Cornflour – 15gm
- Salt – 1gm
- Ajinomoto – 5gm
- Marinate the diced chicken with salt, ajinomoto, egg white and cornflour
- Heat oil in a wok below smoking point. Dust the marinated chicken with cornflour
- Dry fry till cooked and crisp. Drain and keep aside
- In the oil, in the wok sauté dry red chillies, Szechwan pepper corns and sesame seeds. Add chopped garlic and sauté
- Now add the fried chicke and sprinkle salt, ajinomoto and Szechwan pepper powder. Toss and finish with Chinese wine and chilli oil.
Venue: Taj Krishna, Road Number 1, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad, Telangana 500034