- Boneless fish 500gm
- 1 broccoli cut into medium size florets
- 1 bell pepper cut into strips
- 1tsp chopped ginger
- 1tsp chopped garlic
- 1tbsp Chings all in one stir fry sauce (or any stir-fry sauce)
- 1/5 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1tsp vinegar
- ½ star anise
- ½ tsp pepper
- salt to taste
- Marinate fish with salt, pepper and 1tsp vinegar for 15-20 minutes.
- Blanch broccoli in hot water for a few minutes with a bit of salt and sugar to retain colour and rinse under cold water.
- Dust the fish with cornflour, shallow fry and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a wok, add star anise, ginger, garlic and sauté very lightly, so they don’t turn too brown. Mix in stir-fry sauce, oyster sauce and sauté for a minute. (If you want some gravy add in ½ cup of water at this point. I prefer it dry)
- Add in the bell peppers, cook for a minute or two, but not too long or they’ll turn limp. Then add the broccoli and lastly the fried fish. Mix quickly and take off fire before the fish pieces break.