- For the seasoning heat 2 tsp oil.
- Add 2-3 tsp urad dhal (split black gram) and fry till light brown.
- Add 1 tsp rai (mustard) and 1/2 tsp methi (fenugreek) seeds.
- Once the methi (fenugreek) seeds turn a little brown, add a pinch of asafoetida, 1/4 tsp turmeric, few curry leaves and 2-3 red chillies.
- Heat 1 tsp oil and lightly fry peeled & grated mango ginger.
- Grind the seasoning to a fine powder, add fried ginger, tamarind pulp and jaggery, salt to taste and grind to a smooth paste.
- Adjust consistency by adding a little water.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.