- 1 cup thick yoghurt
- 3 cups water (add more or less, depending on how thick or watery you want the buttermilk to be)
- Blend the yoghurt and water, then add:
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 sprigs of curry leaves
- 3-4 whole slit green chillies
- 1-inch piece of ginger, julienned
Refrigerate overnight and drink through the next day or two, straining the buttermilk and leaving the other spice/herbs in the bowl to continue flavouring the balance buttermilk.
By allowing the curry leaves, green chillies, ginger to ‘ marinate’ the buttermilk, all their flavours are infused into the buttermilk and you end up with a refreshing summer drink.
If you don’t have access to curry leaves, you can substitute them with fresh coriander. I used both.